Sunday 22 December 2013

Randy & The Rockets Christmas Party


Well it's been a bit longer than I anticipated since my last post, I had in good faith lugged my camera into Tunbridge Wells with the intention of taking a long exposure shot of Victoria Place - unfortunately, within moments of pulling my camera out of its bag, I was pounced on by the mall security guards - who finally had something to do - and told to stop photographing! - jobsworths! - I will be back, I'll just wait for the Christmas lights to be taken down.

Randy and The Rockets
...So onto my next shot, I haven't really done a lot of band photography - I tend to be in the band! - but I planned a couple of shots and scoped-out the best vantage points the night before (Double6 were supporting on both nights so I had plenty of time).

Randy and The Rockets


My first couple of shots were with the 50mm and they were OK but once I took the 70-200 to the back of the hall, things started to come together. I had a remotely triggered flash on the stage to give the drummer a bit of light and also to give a little rim lighting to the guitarist - I thinks that was the element which worked best and I think that next time I try something like this I will try a flash on both sides of the stage (and hopefully by then I'll some on camera lighting control - let's see what Santa brings!)
Randy and The Rockets

No comments:

Post a Comment