Tuesday 10 December 2013

...so I'm starting a photo blog then

Cranbrook Stone Street Lights
The George Hotel and the White Horse in Cranbrook on a rather chilly pre-christmas evening
OK, so I have decided that instead of a 365 project, this year, I am going to start a blog - mainly based around photography and attempting to actually GO OUT and SET UP as many shots as I can, rather than just click away wherever I happen to be.
...so to get things started I braved the cold of Cranbrook and set out to do a little festive evening photography. Although Cranbrook is festooned in its usual array of Christmas trees (courtesy of my neighbours), it proved to be a little awkward to get any kind of 'wide' shot that showed-off the lights. As always, Cranbrook's two rather diverse pubs - the older peoples' George Hotel and the White 'Fight' Horse proved to be the best lit and most interesting area to shoot. Now don't get me wrong, I use and play in both pubs to further my 'musical career' but if I want an uneventful beer and a sit down, it's the George every time (even though you do have to shout to be heard when it gets even slightly busy - or does alcohol just make me deaf) but having said that, the White Horse IS getting better - just slowly.
Anyway, I digress, here it is, my first post in my photo journal/blog type thing known as frazpics!
Let's see what pics the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment